MUST READ | POLYTECHNIC DIPLOMA | COMPUTER SCIENCE | MY EXPERIENCE AND OPINIONS

My Experience as a Polytechnic Diploma Student 

Hello all, I am a Polytechnic student and doing Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering from Udaipur, Rajasthan .
Today I am going to tell you about my Experience as a Computer Science student and "MY" opinions on whether to choose diploma or not.

What is Diploma?

According to me:

A Diploma is a Certificate or Deed issued by an educational institution, such as college or university, that testifies that the recipient has successfully completed a particular course of study.
There are various Courses offered by Diploma Institutions (or we can say different branches) such as Computer Science & Engineering , Information Technology ,Electronics Engineering , Civil Engineering , Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and many other courses are there.

Diploma is a 3 year program. As various courses are engineering courses so the subjects in first year in diploma is common for all the branches, that are Science Maths subjects which includes ( Applied Mechanics, Applied Methamatics, Applied Chemistry , Applied Physics , Computer and IT , English , Engineering Drawing and workshop technologies). So the student have to study all these subjects in first year.
From Second Year , the real journey of the branch they have choosen will start, so students will study accordingly.

My Experience and Thoughts:

I am the student with 'no' interest in Science and Maths at all. I love only Computers, SmartPhones , Tablets and various gadgets and cool stuffs. I love to make different things and always excited to learn different programming as well as Scripting Languages. I love to hack into the computers and other networks.This was the very short introduction about myself.

So thats why i choose to do the diploma course , as i have to study science and maths only for a year, and then got the deep dive into the Computer Science Subjects. I thought "if i will choose 11th class with science and maths stream, i have to study about 2 years with science and maths." 
So i finally, cleared all the subjects in first year.( with NO BACKS ..πŸ˜† LOL).

I am in Second Year now and Studying the core Subjects of computer science and some basic languages. I already know these languages so i found these languages very easy and all i'm doing is revising these languages and again learning new and advance ones.
There are various subjects of my interest and also the boring ones.. I love few subjects like
  • Internet & Web Technologies 
  • Data Communication & Networking
  • ' C ' Programming 
  • PC maintenance & troubleshooting 
  • Operating System
  • Database Management Systems 
And I hate the following subjects :
  • Computer System Architecture
  • Electronic Devices and Circuits (full of physics)
  • Digital Electronics
  • Microprocessor and Interfacing 

[Sometimes i think i am wasting my time here in doing diploma and learning the basics , as i always believe in latest technology trends like learning block-chain development, learning Artificial Intelligence and machine learning , android development and all these , but sometimes i think that these subjects are necessary and are the foundation subjects in CS/IT Field.]
[While other students says only one thing "WHERE HELL I GOT STUCKED!!"(me kaha fas gaya bhai) HAHAHAHA   LOL...πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚]
[By the way , i am maintaining my attendance and also learning some advance things at home, whenever teacher ask me to get out of the class i generally go to the Library, and i feel very lucky that i got some extra time to study books as per my hobby. Sometimes i take leave from college so that i get more and more time to explore new things and study. I dont like to bunk the classes and go here and there, I only bunk the classes and go home , whenever i had left my project incomplete at my home. I feel that, bunking the classes is just a full waste of my precious time.]


"My" Suggestions for Students:

If you are good/interested in Science &  Maths studies, you must study the 11th and 12th and must appear for IIT exams. Or either you can Directly take the admission for your bachelor's degree after 12th.
If you are not good or not interested in Science and Maths then you must go for Diploma just like me, this option is the best one for you.( so you only have to study science maths for a year.... :lol)
After that you have to study the foundation and core subjects of computer science & IT.
All the subjects in 2nd year are the basics and you must study them to build the good foundation.


After taking admission in Diploma , try to learn at least these three Basic languages in your first year of college like:   

  1. C & C++ ( learn some OOP's Concepts)
  2. HTML(Hyper Text Markup Language)
  3. CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)

You can Learn these by joining classes somewhere on the coaching institutes or you can also learn by your own.( read the books or search for online resources or take the resources from your seniors or your department faculties) 

Dont Forget that TIME is MONEY. Time is very precious thing in the world than everything.

Try your Best!! Good Luck !!

Piyush Malviya
Global World

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOPHIA ROBOT AT IIT BOMBAY, INDIA

Android Rooting Pros & Cons!!